Do You Remember...
ABOUT web2point0This blog will incorporate important Social, Ethical, & Legal Issues regarding web safety and cyber-bullying. As a school administrator, I will provide links for you to inform yourself and provide the information to your students or children. I encourage you to discuss this information with your child (if you are a parent) and I ask you to teach the web safety in all classes across our school in order to keep our students safe.
All statistics were retrieved from isafe.org.ADDITIONAL READING
- Cyber Bullying Statistics
- 42% of kids have been bullied while online. 1 in 4 have had it happen more than once.
- 35% of kids have been threatened online. Nearly 1 in 5 have had it happen more than once.
- 21% of kids have received mean or threatening e-mail or other messages.
- 58% of kids admit someone has said mean or hurtful things to them online. More than 4 out of 10 say it has happened more than once.
- 53% of kids admit having said something mean or hurtful to another person online. More than 1 in 3 have done it more than once.
- 58% have not told their parents or an adult about something mean or hurtful that happened to them online.
Based on 2004 i-SAFE survey of 1,500 students grades 4-8